One less WIP from my stash! I just finished stitching "Sew Many Stitches" by Sue Hillis. I stitched this onto a sewing notion fabric. I will assemble this into a postcard to mail off to my exchange partner.
I have 10 different cross-stitching projects in rotation. I decided to make a fish postcard for my son to give myself a break. I used fly/feather stitch for the grass on the ocean floor, lazy daisy loops for bubbles, and satin stitch for the eyes. This postcard is winging it's way to the Alberta prairies soon.
I just finished stitching "Two Woolly Sheep" which is hand embroidery on 27 ct evenweave. I used satin stitch for the face and feet, french knots for the body, straight stitch for grasses and beads for the eyes. I haven't decided yet how I will do the finishing part.
Here is the postcard. I had to cut it down to 6" x 4" and I used a dark blue fabric to cover all the strips inside the template of the popsicle. This is a bit difficult to stitch around the edge on a sewing machine due to the layer of strips. But it was a fun learning experience for me.
Iris Folding..... I discovered this technique from reading other people talking about "Iris Folding" and I was curious what it was. I google for the instruction and spend the whole day in my stitching room to put it together. But instead of using colored paper, I used scrap fabrics. I am not finished yet as I will exchange the white card stock for fabric to complete the project.
Another finish! This will be part of a postcard once I figured out how to assemble it together with the muslin fabric. This is chicken in ice cream cone with a cherry on her head. It is stitched on 28 ct Jobelan with DMC threads and Peach WDW thread for the cone.