Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Meerkat bookmark


My mother has asked me for a bookmark for Mother's Day. I have been searching for the ideal design for her bookmark. I decided to stitch a meerkat since we both like "meerkats". I pulled out my chart from my stash bin and I have been stitching since this morning. The fabric is 28ct white, evenweave using DMC threads. I have to stitch from the top to bottom due to the factional stitches, squashed stitches and middle X stitch, etc....so to avoid making mistakes, I do each row at a time. I hope to finished this before the end of April.

6 comments:

  1. This meerkat will be an adorable bookmark! I'm sure your mom will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOH!! I LOVE meerkats, and I think having one as a bookmark a great idea! your mum will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like my Meerkat ~ Mere Cat chart. It's gonna be just too cute. I hope you get it done in time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally cute! I can't wait to see him finished! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it is from the Meerkat ~ Mere Cat chart.... I am stitching just the meerkat since it is long and narrow for the bookmark. I will stitch the design again for my grandson another time.

    socialsue

    ReplyDelete